Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

8-11-12


It’s closer than you might think. I can tell you one person that knows its close and that's Tripp Doherty. I also know that he has trained ten times harder than he did last year. He’s looking leaner than I have seen him in at least a year and when I went over to the Syosset High School track after the 9:45 class today for some sprint work I could almost feel his determination that his NYC Iron Man was going to see a precipitous drop in his finishing time. I also think that he has placed particular emphasis on his marathon and my prediction is that he will shatter his last year’s performance in that segment. 

For my own reasons I thought that adding winsdsprints to my workout regimen might just be the thing that helps me spike my HR above 120, because of those beta-blockers I feel handicapped and gasping for air in the anaerobic zone. Stacey kept it in perspective for me by saying that my heart was really efficient in pumping that needed blood and made me feel young again by mentioning that I still had that sprinters gait. The ¼ mile was my event in HS and at 52.5 seconds it was hard to imagine what kind of shape I was in back then. 

But Mr. Inspiration will be ready 8-11-12 and I will be there to cheer him on and it is my hope if you are one of his aficionados as I am you will be there too.  8-11-12 it will be here in a blink.  



No comments: