Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Friday, July 20, 2012

Tripper Takes a Holiday


This reminds me of a 1938 movie Topper Takes a Trip and although that is probably a non sequitur or germane to this post it still evoked a fond memory for me.  In any event Tripp was almost beside himself like a little kid today in the 7:15 knowing that his well deserved rest was about to start.  I am sure his 1st lady will accompany him and I think he is headed up to Lake Placid the scene of earlier triumphs in Iron man I and II.  Good rest my friend and NYC is fast approaching. By the way did you know that Mr. Doherty has not missed a Tuesday in 5 years? No one has been able to make that claim! No one!  

I love starting Friday in the Lavender Palace early it gives me a head start on my favorite day of the week. Although when that alarm rings at 5:55 it never has me bounding out of bed all chipper and spry but I am compelled to make Tripp’s class it has become a ritual now. Two of my favorite spin mates the PQ and young Heatherr Feather were there this morning and these two have given me much insight on some of my foibles of late.  I thank my angels for these two in my life. 

I will have to search through the treasure chest that is EQ and find myself another instructor to fill the void while my friend is away. I am really thinking about August 11 and NYC as I have been in many marathons but I have never witnessed a full fledged Triathlon. Looking forward to it and again enjoy Tripp.  




No comments: