Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Uncle Tripp


Really? Uncle Tripp?  Never in a fortnight would I have considered Tripper to be an avuncular figure. But here he was this morning putting it out there to ask Uncle Tripp. It was a gesture from him to let us know how approachable he is but we all know that there is no one that’s easier to sidle up to than Tripp Doherty.   Whether we want to ask him to raise the temp, lower the temp, play more rock less Disco (Michelle 4 names just raised her hand) he’d gladly do it for us.  

He was full of little Zen featurettes today, which I thoroughly enjoyed because he’s always accentuating the positive and downplaying any negativity. There is just no room for the word No in the Lavender Palace when he takes center stage. Just no room. We lock out the outside world in our hour and I find myself letting go easily of any thought of what might be or what has already taken place. When I walk out of the CS Tripp usually has me dancing to Que Sera Que Sera. *  

Tripp wanted us to know that in his Thursday Great Neck 6:30 PM edition the music will feature Bruce Springsteen exclusively. So if you’re an ardent fan like him bring your shoes up to the town with no soul: Great Neck. Maybe it has a soul now but 30 years ago it was the land of parking meters and parking tickets. Yours truly will be there as my assignment is  what else write a story. I happen to like Springsteen very much especially his 1980 The River. I can still hear Dennis Elsas the DJ from the now defunct  WNEW FM  uncontrollably playing one song after another like popping corn in a microwave.  

I just wanted to praise Julia and Melissa on either side of me today as they provided all the puissance this sexagenarian could handle.  And I wanted to thank Melissa publicly again for Saturday morning watching over me as I got into an A-Fib event that just wouldn’t let go.  PC (Peter Charles-love this guy) offered to drive me home but in my defiance said no. And no thanks to Sean one of our illustrious trainers asking me if I was dying, as I was prone on the stretch mat.  Just kidding Sean I know you meant well.  

Uncle Tripp? Uh yeah no.  






*Doris Day: http://www.youtube.com



No comments: