Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Badlands


The scene was Great Neck EQ. And this night hatched from Tripp’s brain was to have an all Bruce Springsteen choreography   featuring many of his signature songs. A seed of a great idea, and I am sure we will see more single artist play lists because tonight was a huge success.  Tripper can fill any room and with The Boss blaring from the speakers we had energy full tilt and one of the top Rock n Roll artists of the last 40 years in our ears.  

I can only dream that our hero might consent to an all Erasure or New Order or even those blue-eyed soul men Hall & Oates.  Well not likely but this night was a welcome alternative to the American Top 40 and a musical treat for me and judging by the three dozen riders who were lip synching most of the lyrics a good time was had by all. 

On my way out I looked in on Peter Rothermel who has this club running like a Swiss timepiece. This young man in my view is headed up the corporate ladder because his leadership skills cannot be contained on the local level and this corporation has to have their eyes glued on this man because he is a natural born executive.  

Tripper this was a stroke of genius and I am glad to call you my friend.  







No comments: