Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Tripple Play


What better day than a Friday for a Tripple Play?  Entering the studio in Woodbury I told myself that I was just going to finish out the 6 am and stay for the 715 and that’s it!  Of course I knew that this particular day a special one to me was better served if I took the 830 in Roslyn as well.  And that group in Roslyn is rather a solemn bunch. If it not for the exhortations of Tripp you might not hear a sound above the din of the music. I was determined to change that. 

The week marked by so many members away on Easter-Passover holiday made it seem like a holiday right at home because the hustle and bustle of the week was absent and getting anywhere to the gym getting to work and home again for the most part was marked mostly by the dearth of traffic in all the lanes.  

And although Tripp keeps talking about how we need not focus on our age in years as any excuse for us not being able to give it a maximum effort (which I believe for the most part) a 3rd class might just be pushing it for this sexagenarian. (What’s a sexagenarian Jack?) I told myself that I was going to pace myself but that never works for me.  I give it all up because that’s how I roll, whether that is prudent or not.  I can tell you though that I am feeling lethargic today after spinning with Dana this morning and so a Sunday spin is probably not in the cards.  

Tripp seemed incredulous that some riders actually don’t know who Mick Jagger is. I am amazed how people under 30 have such a small sense of history. If it didn’t happen when they were alive it simply didn’t happen. A sad commentary because I think that so many that have grown up in the Internet age and having the phenomenal tool of Google are experiencing the unfortunate side effect of killing the curiosity in us.  I know I have gotten off track here and maybe this commentary belongs in Jackbriant.blogspot.com
Hey I am not sure if he was kidding but when I asked him who Steve McQueen was he didn’t seem to know either. Well maybe he was just pulling my leg. 

In any case travels with Tripp are always an experience because just like that box of chocolates you just don’t know what you’re gonna  get.  

Hey did you know that a woodchuck only lives two years? And if he could chuck wood he might be able to take 3 spin classes too. 






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Often our mind tells us to do tasks our bodies would do well to ignore. Tripp is not an authority on physical response of the sextagenerian or any other age. Kristen would not allow it.