Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tripping the Light Fantastic


Well to be accurate the studio in Roslyn with no windows is like spinning through a glass darkly (Ingmar Bergman, 1961) with just enough illumination to absorb visually from the bodies in motion that aid my energetic explosion in Mr. Doherty’s class.  

As much as I love the 715 in Woodbury the Roslyn experience is growing on me. I love the full studio and even though the constituents are like crickets when you happen by they are no less committed to a fast and furious workout.  This day witnessed a boyhood friend of Tripp who resides in Massachusetts along with his lovely wife Kristen (I would never forget that name) taking his class for the first time and as I glanced over from my vantage their faces were beaming to see their old friend and performance artist practice one of the things he does best and that is gesticulate wildly along with relating a myriad of stories about life that have us all transfixed while we pedal away the hour that goes by in a blink. 

There are many ingredients that have gone into changing my life and spin is near the top of the class in terms of a chosen behavior that has remarkably altered my form and acted as a bolster to my own self-esteem as well as becoming the differentiator in my mind of blessed creativity.  I don’t think these are wild claims either because when you make a decision to exercise daily the rest of the day can never be the same without it.  One might say that I have passion and enthusiasm but until this particular regimen this Jack’s persona was on “mute”.  No longer as most of you might agree. 

Tonight the twins Marjorie and Rose are spearheading their AIDS LIFECYCLE charity ride with two 45-minute sessions at 4 and 5 PM. I hear there are still a few bikes available so come on out to make their gift of life a success. Check them on Face Book for the details.  




No comments: