Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bust It!


I had yet another singular experience in my spinning away from home today. Yes I can hear Lori whispering on facebook about my spinfidelity. And in a way she’s right how dare I write about other instructors in my blogs.  In any case a buffed out man named Barry who seemed to look very much like my friend Ritchie led us in a spirited 60 minute version of his Southern hospitality. 

To be truthful most of my spin instructors have been of the lithesome variety but Barry (more akin to the body type of David Cooper) is not what one might expect leading the charge of the light brigade in the cycle room. Nor was I used to someone singing along with some of the lyrics in their discography but if you stay around long enough you will always see and hear something you’ve never experienced before. He actually used his vocal chords rather adroitly as he blended the lyrics into his ride.   Barry’s approach felt less thematic in terms of the music and in this way I sensed the percussion with more clarity, which gave the backbeat central focus.  I’ve always been taught to ‘feel’ the music but today except for when my visceral attention to Cee Lo Green’s Forget You was played, I was Ringo Starr pounding out drums with my pedal stroke.

I know most of you are at Cycle for Survival and doing a marvelous job raising millions for this cause that has hit many members squarely in their hearts.  





No comments: