Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Heart of Spin


Only in spin class can you get to spend your birthday over three days. For me it was shout outs in Wednesday Tripper, again in KSC on Thursday and again today for those I missed on the previous two days. Debbie (the other sexagenarian in the room) greeted me with a smoothie after class and later I got to spend precious minutes with my other friend (yes my friend) Debbie Jensen. She says that when we speak she sees light I told her it’s simply the starshine reflecting off her striking canvas.  She deflects everything so gracefully and shows humility like its second nature.  She is the Golden Girl. 

How do we know we are getting a good workout in spin? When the time goes by in a blink that’s how. That clock races around the dial every time I clip in and it’s a gentle reminder too that although another birthday has passed I can ill afford not making every minute as if it was my last.  This past week has given me a new respect for all of you and I implore you to tell me your story because I want to get to know you just a little bit better and because after all you’ve enriched my life immeasurably.  

No comments: