Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Wind and the Spirit


A dear friend to many of us, DJ was talking about the ambient emotional temperature in class yesterday in the 1215. She agrees like I do that whether it’s before, during or after a class with Tripper you are smiling ear to ear and take a visceral voyage of the heart. I know that I am being just a bit maudlin lately with you all but with each passing day I become more enamored with this man’s spirit. Remember what I have said in the past it is not so much what he says it is in the words unspoken and the genuine ferociousness that he lives his life that I most admire. This could easily be a narcissist dream to lead spin class but Tripp is not about that and his sensitivity to all of our feelings including the music he plays or just how hot or cold the Lavender Palace is, is something he pays extraordinary attention to.  

I also know that the winds of change can be upon us without notice like a tropical storm or a sudden gust of wind that shifts what we take for granted. I for one will never take “Spinspiration” or “Mr. Mayhem” or “Svengali” for granted and as I look mortality in the face with more than a sidelong glance now that I am a sexagenarian, I also know that nothing lasts forever.  I have learned many things in spin class and in this class I luxuriate in the culture, commonality and friendships I have developed here. I have been in many clubs in my life and this experience will live in my beating heart always.  





No comments: