Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Am the Team


A little late but here it is.

The distance between going to work out in “just a gym” and Spin class with 
Mr. Doherty is the virtual bridge too far. There is no correlation in space and time and in all my years of exercise this is the most fun I have ever had and that includes running up the Empire State Building steps or completing a 100-kilometer race.

  He has taken unity and woven it into a fabric only close friends can come to know. I have been a fan(atic) of his ever since I first took a class with him in February of 2010 and then started his blog 17 months ago. And if you recall the first story I wrote about him called: Body Surfing you will get the idea what I had no inkling of back then. This is an experience that makes a trip to Disneyland or Hershey Park seem like a merry go round. You can feel it every time in the Lavender Palace. This man is so transparent and so enthusiastic about his craft that whatever they are paying him it’s not enough. I wonder if corporate really knows what he does. When he put that class on the day after Hurricane Irene with no electricity and the power for his music supplied by a devotee’s automobile, there was no fanfare from the Mother Ship, none.  Someone needs to wake up.  

I try not to get controversial in either of my spin blogs but let me just say I hope that corporate doesn’t let this jewel get away because this is a singular talent. I have no axe to grind, I don’t get paid for this and I am beholden to no one but I love this man because what he does unseen needs to be seen and recognized. Are you listening upstairs? 
Take a look at the picture at the top of this story and get a feel for what happens here. And if you don’t get it ask us. 

10 comments:

Marjorie Ruth said...

Yes !!

Marjorie Ruth said...

Yes !!

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

i just re read this post and even though I wrote it I like it because it says what is in my heart.

Constance Korol said...

Great post Jack.

Petals said...

I'm going to miss him and everyone else this year! Our gym in Woodbury is the best I've ever belonged to, and it's because of the people who work there and the members. What an inspiring group of people! I never did group classes until the past year, and I have found it to be an equalizing experience. Everyone comes in and works out and sweats and enjoys it. You can't fake it- Thank You Jack, for making the gym wonderful, too. hearts-

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

Constance coming from you I thank you. And Rosie sweet young lady we will miss your effervescent personality.

Lori said...

Tripp's enthusiasm is actually inspiring my daughter, a 15 year old junior member, to go to his 6 am class tomorrow morning before school! His class is addictive and it is not just for the exercise. He does teach us to carry each other and, when on my bike trip next week, I guarantee that I will hear his voice in my head and it will push me to dig a bit deeper.

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

Lori
This ain't your mother's spin class for sure. Anyone can be inspired by Tripper because of his certitude.

Lori said...

Amen to that!

Anonymous said...

I only hope the corporation of Equinox treasures Tripp as much as the people of Equinox do. Too often the best and the brightest...and especially the NICEST... get over looked and under valued. He is also a precious novelty in a gym for another reason. Too often competitive instructors and their egos serve to divide members. Coach Tripp unifies the ENTIRE team. How refreshing.