Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Shambhala


Where is Shambhala exactly?  I think it’s East of Eden or maybe it’s West depending of course on which way you’re facing.  It gives me the impression that the Lavender Palace is our  Shambhala. Nothing else exists when we’re here. We can pretend we are in touch with the outside world with our Blackberry’s and iPhones but if we leave technology in the locker room we are as nature intended when we exercise, shut off from the outside world.

Once in awhile I get caught up in the remains of the day and what I might be facing when I descend that back stairway but for the most part I am fully in the present moment of each pedal stroke and I never get caught up in the last road whether it be one that leaves me gasping for air or wondering if my heart will leave my thoracic cavity. Kristen taught me that if I look back at what I’ve just done I would impede the flow, which is the next road or what the sweep of the second hand will bring. There’s plenty of time to rest when the hour is done and for me I love bringing my body to the max knowing that the worst that can happen is I start to fail and have to slow down.  

This is my Shambhala or as close as I can get to my Garden of Eden because beyond the time I lay my head down at night the world is hurtling at me full speed but it is in this hour the world takes a back seat and slows down and watches me driving forward and that the rear view mirror is for those stuck in revisionist history asking what if… 

More here at Jack Briant Reporter
http://jackbriant.blogspot.com/2011/09/text-message-part-i.html