Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Icon


The most pensive I have ever seen Tripp was today in the Wednesday 1215. As demonstrative and pumped as he was in the Tuesday 830 he was the antithesis today. Always fun whether he is blowing a 50-amp fuse or quietly passionate like today, he always inspires me in my writing and in my fitness. I thank him each time I set my words down right here. 

Mary McCann brought in her AIT’s* today and there was no mistake these young ladies were her offspring. I bet these two know firsthand how much respect their mom gets at Equinox. Kristen says she’s not all that but we all know how this woman lives an exemplary life. It’s hard to describe someone that lives so congruently when it would be so much easier to take the easier softer way. I wax on about her and her self-effacing style would even make Hercules maudlin.  

I intend to make a Saturday morning road Tripp to Equinox Scarsdale and the Printing House. I have been to Scarsdale but not to the Manhattan Equinox and I am anxious to get a different perspective on where it all began for the trance inducer.  I suspect that I will glean something I have never seen before and what better way to spend a Saturday doing a double spin with him. 

 He was particularly resplendent today in shorts that nearly qualified as knickers except for the fact that these shorts gathered below the knee instead of above which was the classic style dating back centuries in 16th century England and a modern loose fitting zipper necked top. But what makes the whole image complete is that iconic disheveled hairdo which reminded me of that first time I took his class in the old studio. A lot has transpired since then and sometimes I do feel so close to this man that reminds me so much of my own youth. 

*AIT: Angels in training. 







No comments: