Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

After 6 Hours of School


After 6 hours of school I’ve had enough of the day. I hit the radio dial and I turn it up all the way.  The opening lyrics to one of my favorite Beach Boys songs from 1964 and that is what Tripp reminded me of this morning in a powerful edition of his 8:30 spin class.  He was amped just a bit more being away from our environs. His tripp back to Lake Placid for purposeful reasons must have given him a renewed inspiration for his next adventure, the NYC triathlon slated for August 2012. When he mentioned it this morning I could see that commitment was etched in his countenance as deep as the wrinkles on my forehead. A year goes by in a blink. Speaking of blinks, that is what’s happening to me in spin. The hour is rocketing by faster than any speeding bullet Superman bested and but if not for a personal appointment I longed for another hour because in the words of Jacqueline Susann: Once was just not enough. 

Tripper was definitely thematic today as we searched for signs and angels which we have many of in our midst. (Like Mary McCann) And the feeling of family at least in my opinion runs deep in his classes because it’s so deeply personal with him and us.  He has people reaching beyond any restraints their mind had conceived. Heck he has me running again something I thought that I would never attempt again. I love being in this class as it sets the tone for the other 23 hours or in the case when I do a double Tripp, the next 22.  



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there!

Which BB song was that?

I'm hoping tomorrow's Lunchtime with Tripp will be equally awe inspiring.

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

He didn't play one it just reminded me of Dance, Dance, Dance. It was awe inspiring. Tripp was concerned that he was too UP. I told him as if you could be that we couldn't stand it. NOT!