Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

He's Authentic, Oh Yeah!


I had a visual recognition of another reason why our friend Tripp Doherty is authentic. Want to know why even though we already know that he is?  As he was pedaling this afternoon, he closed his eyes in the middle of a lucid dream and just then the broadest smile lit up his countenance. In that instant I knew that you couldn’t fake that kind of raw emotion no matter if you were an Academy Award nominee or the best spin instructor. He says he loves what he does all the time but I think it’s what he brings to all of us that he really loves. Oh yeah he loves to spin with us but it is the affect/effect he has on all of us to varying degrees that truly makes this CS something quite extraordinary. Some have reported relief from the heartbreak of the loss of a loved one by simply sitting in the CS with him. His infectious demeanor can cure most spiritual ills we face or at the very least bring them into a different perspective.  For others he inspires them to do triathlons like young Dana and Maureen. So it’s not just that he loves his job, he loves what doing his job means to us.  

Did you feel that earthquake yesterday at 151 pm EDT? It wasn’t an earthquake it was just after shocks from the 6, 830 and 945 Tripp spin classes from the day before. So I like hyperbole but he does shake me up every time I enter that room to a cry of Jackie! You probably feel as I do that I love this man and what he has meant to me not just with writing stories but how I have gotten a new lease on a life that has brought me back to knowing that my time has come again and my existence matters more than I could have ever imagined.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hear, Hear! Well said, Sir.