Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Monday, August 22, 2011

EQ Printing House


Part II of my sojourn on Saturday included a 45-minute spin with Tripper in the exclusive Greenwich Village Equinox Printing House. The perception I had about it previously was that it was strictly  “High Hat” and for the Bon vivants that inhabited the Manhattan Island.  And the offer to sell its ownership to EQ a year or two ago must have been so irresistible they couldn’t refuse. The sale was not without its complications however because the club through some intricate permutations would not fall into the “all access” memberships Equinox offers. In order to join this club if you were a member in another EQ would require you to pay another monthly membership and with restrictions on the use of the pool the club had its cake and ate it too. 

But it’s merely a history lesson because had it not been for Tripp headlining the Saturday 1030 the club by itself is in all honesty   nothing special and coupled with the fact that there are no locker rooms it left me with a odiferous connotation. Having been at first rebuffed from a guest pass for Saturday the Red Headed League (Tripp) got me in without much fanfare as long as I agreed I wouldn’t use the pool, and since I didn't bring my trunks  I had no intention to swim. 

And we had a surprise guest in Mary McCann a welcome addition to any room and I will spare the reader about my glorious pontifications about her but needless to say it was pure joy watching her from across the CS with that broad smile that lights up her lovely countenance. Lest I not forget the statuesque beauty Janene attended the proceedings as well  and the comfort of home base was complete.  

The 45 minutes was over as quickly as it started and I finally understood that these out of the way voyages for Tripp in my opinion  are based in loyalty and sentiment rather  than whatever remuneration he receives. Thanks Tripp for a glimpse into your beginnings and for getting my car started.  Now back to Tripper Tuesday and the home of the real deal EQ Woodbury.  No disrespect mind you to the two other franchises but home is where the heart is. 



No comments: