Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Friday, August 26, 2011

The Big Umbrella


Is there still anyone in doubt about the effect or even the influence this man has?  I found one in the locker room but I will keep that to myself because some people just will never get it and that’s okay. Most times if you haven’t experienced something for yourself you can only sympathize with what someone else is going through and then it’s only a rationalization at best.  And then there are those that are either skeptical or even worse cynical and just take things so literal that they can never see the forest from the trees.  

Today it was yours truly that found shelter under The Big Umbrella Tripper opened and I scooted out of the rain as fast as I could. Dealing with personal issues is part of the human condition and no one; No One is immune from the grasp of life on life’s terms. One thing I know I am abysmal at and that is being a husband. I am also cognizant that I am not alone, but it never feels that way when confronted with the fact that when you let people down they can get pretty angry.  Okay suffice it to say that after being verbally assaulted last night I was able to keep my cool and say nothing to my would be assailant. Though she was never of major consequence in my life, when you are derided in public or private it can hurt and cut deep.  A friend told me to meditate on it and what better way to meditate than in spin class and spin amidst the music and sweat and heavy breathing works for me. Tripp’s words caught me by surprise but I was asking my angels what it was I could do and they gave me the answer through this remarkable man who I think is a channel for all of us to tune in to.  

I was able to get up early enough to catch the last half of the 6 am and I get to see people I ordinarily wouldn’t like Janene and PC two very beautiful souls that are a beacon to me in the darkened studio.  The Big Umbrella is something we all will need this weekend and as Tripp said get flashlights, water and think about the indomitable spirit of Tripp Doherty.   

Cycle for Survival is next February 4 and sign up begins next month. Look here for details.  





No comments: