Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Once Was Enough


Might it be that the universe talks to me in English? Especially in view of the fact that I wrote in KSC that maybe a second spin class was not a good idea.  Lo and behold after about 25 minutes in Tripper’s 1215 I started to feel light headed. It was as if I was outside myself and it was then I realized that my brain was starting to shut down.  I had no choice it was going to be another dramatic exit and as I slowed my pedal stroke to a snails pace and then came to a stop I realized that there was no way I could just vanish. I motioned to Tripp I was okay and gave the high sign to my good friend Debbie. I shuffled slowly down the corridor and sat down on a bench outside the main studio and watched as my body continued to rain on the rubber mats between my legs. This was not about my heart which was beating regularly it was a feeling I had not felt ever. 

After about 8 minutes or so Steve the trainer happened by and instantly knew that I was experiencing a drop in my sugar level and ran downstairs for a Gator Ade. Within a few minutes I perked up and thanks to experts like him I didn’t keel over on to the floor. I thanked him and I will not leave myself under nourished again. Kristen is always telling us to fill ourselves with something nutritious and of course I ignored her excellent didacticism. 

2 comments:

Petals said...

glad you were okay!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you will remember. You memory has been failing lately. Get a grip .