Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tripple Play


Just because I am the proverbial sexagenarian I got heat all around about taking 3 classes of spin yesterday. “You know Jack your heart can’t take that.” “Are you crazy?” “You are bent on self-destruction.” These are but a few of the clichés thrown at me yesterday. I could have left well enough alone and kept silent about the whole affair, but I knew that I had a catchy title for my next entry to Svengali and they would discover my obfuscation eventually as you have if you are reading this now. 

I find it amazing that when I truly want to do something I don’t need an alarm clock. The same was true for Wednesday morning because I awoke wide-eyed staring at the digital clock reading 4:17. Early huh? I bounded out of bed and headed to Equinox Great Neck for a first edition of Tripp Doherty. What followed was not written in the plan for the day. 

Great Neck had plenty of energy and as the riders started to file in I could feel the palpable electricity, but they aren’t a vociferous crew. It is of little consequence because it was a full house and they all knew why they were here at the Ungodly hour before the rising sun. I had David to my immediate left and that made me feel much at home. You know David, just celebrated his 50th (doesn’t look it) and this man is ripped and in fantastic shape and a true devotee of spin and road cycling as well. When the classes ended a middle aged couple thanked me for my AA and Step dad blogs, as they seemed to glean some food for thought, which as a writer made me take a deep breath of pride. 

As I was getting ready for my exit, Tripp suggested I come to Roslyn for the 730 and I thought to myself, well there are no clients I can see now so I said, okay. This was a shortened 45-minute version and was over in a flash and as is wont Tripper said: Jack why don’t you see what the 830 is all about. I thought silently no way, come on I’m done. Well guess what? I stayed. And by the middle of class it was obviously a Tripple Play. I am feeling it now just a bit and I will give this old carcass a rest until The Blue Sapphire at 6 PM and hopefully that will give me enough time to recover somewhat. Tripple Play, not something I will start a trend with, but it made the 19-hour day a rewarding one. 


P.S. Young Dana will be proud of me. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed jack!!! So proud!!! Impressive!!! While others are giving you reasons not to do it...I say let's do it while we can!!! (provided of course the ticker agrees) hope you had a big gluttonous dinner for all that hard work!!!

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

We only have today so why not. I didn't go nuts on the intake but those funny bones I inhaled made it down without guilt!