Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Maelstrom


With all due respect to Tripp’s 6 AM and 945 Tuesday classes, the 830 is fast becoming supreme. At least in Woodbury it is. I had my dose of a Tripp and a ½ today wherein I snuck in to the 830 at about 9 because I just had to have my appetizer before I had my main course at 945.  

Maybe it’s just the energy that 830 taps into or maybe just maybe they bring something all their own. All I can tell you is that as I scanned the room in the earlier class, virtually every face was beaming, Every countenance was flushed red from the effort and wide angle smiles all around. 

Because I knew that I had a full class ahead of me, I figured I could lollygag through the 25 minutes or so without breaking a sweat or get too caught up in the maelstrom. I just wanted to observe and try to report instead of being one of the wild participants we all become in Svengali’s class because we just can’t help it. Well so much for that plan, I got sucked into the whirlpool just like everyone did and by 925 my shirt was soaked and my breath shallow. Oh and by the way the choreography was eclectic as usual but seemed to have all 55, including yours truly clapping (yes clapping) and whooping it up as if we were at a ball game and the home team just hit a grand slam in the late innings. 

Since all 3 shows were sold out online, I remembered I hadn’t signed up for the 945 so I jumped off before the cool down and signed for the last bike. Whew! As I got back for my start Louis (newly appointed Assistant to Peter Rothermel-congratulations Louis) was there sign up sheet in hand, with the waiting list just like every class in KSC. Tripp Doherty has arrived and hopefully he is here to stay and with 3 sold out classes in a row the run might just be considerable. 

I head for Great Neck tomorrow for a dawn spin with Sven and hopefully I get in because it’s booked. And there are only 8 bikes for late signup as compared to 13 here so I must not be tardy. I will be back tomorrow and report the proceedings with another edition of Svengali. I wonder if Great Neck can hold a candle to us in Woodbury? It’s indeed possible because they do have what we have, and that’s the Trance Inducer, Tripp Doherty. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gneck is no comparison in my humble opinion!!!! but hope you had fun and didnt get stuck on bike #1 :)

d

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

d

True that bike #1 is weird facing the way it does. I did that bike on his Birthday last year but no I avoided that one. Skinny room and dark.