Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Tripp and a Half


Oh My God! I needed an alarm to rise for the first edition of Tripper Tuesday. When the alarm rings when I am in deep REM, I become so disoriented when that chime goes off. It might be the phone or the doorbell or even part of the dream I was having.  Today I needed a few deep breaths before I was able to bound out of that warm comfy bed that seemed to keep calling me back to it.  It did help however, that I had all my clothes preset and ready so the gathering ritual was at a minimum. And I don’t know about you but I live in fear that I will forget something like the other day when a T-shirt could not be found in my gym bag and I had to reach in to buy that $30 dollar one in the shop.  Nice shirt but I like to buy things out of choice not necessity. 

A few minutes late for the 6 AM but I spied a bike open in the 3rd row and clipped in quickly for another thrill ride and today was no exception. Backing up to yesterday while I was figuring which version of TT (Tripper Tuesday) I was headed for, I noticed that all 3 classes were booked solid. Friends no one sells out three shows in a row, no one but Svengali. And so on with the show. By the time I hit my stride in my first session I couldn’t help but think about the 830 which was so raucous and farouche last week that I had trouble keeping my mind where my pedal stroke was but I soon adjusted.

 I think my voice has changed boys and girls. Normally this life change is reserved for adolescents not for sexagenarians but I could swear my voice has gotten not only deeper but even carries better too. Oh and would you believe that as a teenager I was considered shy and withdrawn and couldn’t seem to be heard by the teacher in the front of the class. We all know that guy is nowhere to be found now. 

The end of the 6 AM came way too fast but I knew if that I could get back from my appointment in Roslyn I could get to the “happening” that is the 830. I arrived about half way in and Tripp looked fresher than he did than in the 6 o’clock class. And as I glanced about I saw the familiar faces of Arthur, Mary and in the way way back Randi all super engaged in Svengai’s call. A class and a half of Tripp and I was ready to roll for the rest of the day. He is a Tripp and a half. 

P.S.
One of my favorites has been sidelined with more sports injuries than I care to mention here and that of course is young Dana. Speedy recovery young one! DB by the way has two speeds off and ferocious. 

P.P.S. 

Where or where is the PQ (Prom Queen) Debbie Jensen? Anyone care to shed some light?   

Please give a read of my first blog ever:
http://mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com/




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love the trip and a half... So sorry I was out for the count!!! Thanks for the mention...hope to be back to being ferocious soon enough!!!! Resting up!

D