Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Roller Coaster Spin


I keep thinking that the next class on Tuesday will be like the one we had at 830 this week. As I said there is no way to duplicate the energy from session to session but I think that something has kicked up the level of collective enthusiasm. It’s definitely a phenomenon, but more commonplace in Svengali’s class because of his natural exuberance, which is so infectious. 

He was without microphone but it mattered little. We saw all we needed in his fandango and those facial expressions that say more than any words ever could. My favorite is when I see the whites of Tripp’s eyes; it’s either an exorcism or a magical incantation he is about to conduct. 

Who are we, his aficionados?  Did we grow up loving the circus or did we love roller coasters that others froze in fear over or did we go to the beach and body surf the biggest waves no one else dared to?  I confess I loved all three and in Svengali Spin I never have to grow up. 


No comments: