Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spontaneous Ignition


Some of us have expressed consternation about the club down the street taking away from some of the core population that is the Tuesday 6 am Svengali. Not very long ago I witnessed it myself wherein the CS was little more than half full when it was always booked in seconds the morning before. It felt like a heart punch. 

I always say that nothing is forever and life in the CS changes within the blink of an eyelash too. And today that example took everyone by surprise even our Master Motivator. I jumped on My EQ yesterday afternoon as I was trying to decide which class I could book, and not only was the 6 am class full but so were the 830 and 945. Three in a row! Lifetime what is that an animal, vegetable or mineral?  

Now to the proceedings today! I arrived late to the club thinking I would pencil myself in for the 945 with the remaining 14 bikes. But some force called to me and pulled me upstairs in the middle of the 830 as I wondered if there might be an open bike for half the class. I spied a bike in the back row next to Don Berman and I quickly buckled my shoes and clipped in.   

You can’t plant energy, you can’t grow it or pull it up like the roots on a dandelion, it just has to happen. Well ladies and gentlemen as I commenced my ride the felt sense was a studio that was literally on FIRE. It was as if spontaneous ignition had taken place. The CS was rocking! I don’t think I have ever heard the studio that loud in my short tenure of 14 months but literally everyone was engaged vocally and gesticulations normally reserved for Tripper could be witnessed in most if not all of the class. You had to be there as you could feel the energy penetrating the solar plexus making the pedal stroke like a hot knife through summer butter. 

Svengali literally drenched from head to foot was beaming ear to ear. I was lucky enough to have the time to take the 945 as well with my friend Jesse. Jesse teaching me the rudiments of Yoga as I am trying to make him an avid spin enthusiast.

 I saw a young woman in deep purple, Sara was her name, to our right and her form was textbook perfect wherein her upper body was frozen just like The Blue Sapphire tells us. In this way the power goes all to the pedal stroke for the best and most efficient ride possible. 

Another young woman, Michelle (I always ask one L or two) gave me a priceless gift. She lost a friend at the tender age of 51 and she told me that when I walked in the CS she almost fell off the bike thinking I was the reincarnation of this man she held so dear.  She said I looked just like him down to the shaved head, goatee, voice and as is my wont, motivational style as well. I thanked her and God I was so happy that I was the instrument to help her reminisce. Thank you Michelle. And Tripper you make it all possible thank you my friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 6 was amazing too!!! Wish i could have stayed too ...there was something special about today :) the master if course was unstoppable !