Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Friday, January 21, 2011

Double Tripple


Not to be outdone by an early morning snowfall I just had to get to my Double Tripple Friday.  Some people call me nuts for doing two spin classes at my age. I brush those thoughts aside because to me it’s like the circus I am entertained and entertrained. And I just can’t resist the atmosphere inside the CS when Doherty rolls.  

We have a newbie at least as far as spin class is concerned in Cheryl. She is a vociferous dynamo and she exudes excitement and enthusiasm that has me smiling whenever she is in propinquity. And when Tripper played: Love Your Life, it resonated with her because she is a cancer survivor. She told me it changed how she viewed life and it’s no wonder.  Next to me in the predawn Svengali was Mrs. Ferocity, young Dana. She was so cute after the first class asking me if I was staying for the second and I said: Of course!  Her other half Zany Bratti was taking McSpinney, AKA Young Atlas at 8:30.

Truthfully when I first entered the 6 o’clock a little late, I felt a sinking feeling thinking that Lifetime had sucked the life out of my third space. It was the wolves of illusion because no one can take that away.  Those feelings lie within  and if there are fewer of us for the time being, I can live with it because they will discover the novelty wears off just like any new toy. I went to Lifetime’s party on Tuesday night, and if you have a curiosity go check it out. My own impressions were that it was most impressive. Something in the order of a cruise ship or a lobby at a Las Vegas hotel. It just seemed to go on and on.  But do you want to be in a village or a city? I choose the village and Equinox will remain my home.  



No comments: