Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sixty Summers Young, Sixty Winters Old


I just had to take two spin classes today. I only turn 60 once and when I write about my two favorite spin instructors in separate blogs I had to take both of them today. 

Tripper resplendent in an orange jersey looked so relaxed in his own intensity. There are not many men or women that I have come to know that can exude an unspoken optimism the way this man does. Whenever I see those pupils rise toward the heavens I know that he has found his bliss. And I am sure if you asked him even five years ago if he could ever have imagined that he would find it here inside the many Equinox clubs he instructs even he would have thought you had two heads. 

Today I want to thank you all for the love you gave me because it made this birthday the best I have ever had in my life.  Between the musical selections and the Happy Birthday greetings this day gave me more than even the wonderful gifts some of you gave me. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JB
Hope you had the greatest of days...any bday sprinkled with those 2 is sure to be recipe for a good one...
hope you had 2 slices of cake :)
db

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

db

Thank you I cannot recall having a birthday that was more memorable. I just felt so much love it was great.

Jack