Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Friday, September 10, 2010

Spinning in the Dark


In possession of all my faculties, such as they are I took on my first 6 am spin class with Tripp Doherty.  This meant that I had to leap from the confines of my comfortable coffin by 440. I usually rise by dawns light, but today it was the darkness Dracula loves. 
 Young Joe who has the early watch on Mondays and Fridays, greeted us with a robust energy as the glass doors parted for yet another Equinox day.  It felt palpably different ostensibly because the club was so lightly populated and there was just an abnormality in the air I couldn’t put my finger on. Maybe it was just early. Although by the time the starting gun exploded, there was nary an open bike. The studio was dark just like Roslyn which has no windows and it hid my fight with the lethargy of my whole body.  
Technical difficulties hampered the music tracks and it felt bare without the rhythm of the road, but Mr. Mayhem was undaunted if only frustrated and quick to take the blame for something that was just out of his control I might add. What I absolutely loved was the dawn at our backs, it seemed to herald the weekend and the approaching change of the season, the one I love the most. 
Mr. Fantastic, shorn of his Samson like locks looks more like he is ready for Wall Street  than Jericho Turnpike. I for one will miss that disheveled look but none of his boyish charm has left him.   He might just share some of the stories he beheld within a stones throw from 9 years ago and my hallucination is that it fuels much of the fabric of his intensity and passion. 
I invite you to share in this blog because I don’t want to be alone describing this man from just my perspective. I know you are reading, because I see the stat meter and many of you know Frank much better than I.  

No comments: