Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 12 Island Harvest Benefit Ride Updated Nov 4


It’s finally happened a benefit  ride featuring  Tripp Doherty. I was chagrined when I would see an Equinox placard featuring a spin instructor’s arrival for a guest ride in our club and it didn’t feature Tripper. Well that’s all changed as our good friend Constance Korol has shown me the headline: Cycle For Island Harvest Tripp Doherty. Tripp has some lofty goals for Cycle for Survival in February but he might have an even more ambitious plan for Island Harvest for this Thanksgiving. 

He told me that he wants to raise $600,000 dollars and when I heard that number I was thinking, no way. Well maybe yes way. I am trying to see how far he is along in his quest and if I get this information before I post this I will pass it along. In any case next Saturday November 12 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM is the charity ride for Island Harvest. So here’s the deal: Ride for one hour and the suggested donation is $35.00 and if you are really ambitious $100.00 for the entire afternoon ride. Now you can donate more if your pocketbook can be stretched and our General Manager, Louis Cohen, will collect these donations. Please be patient if I have any of this incorrect I will correct quickly.  

Constance reminds me that we bring friends/family as non-members as well and please take a look at foodforlongisland.com as well as twitter and facebook.  



No comments: