Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Island Harvest Benefit Saturday 1 to 5 PM


Just another day in Tripper neighborhood except that we are that much closer to The Main Event this Saturday commencing at 1 PM in the CS which of course I affectionately call the Lavender Palace. It is the benefit for Island Harvest and the hungry of Long Island. Tripp has pulled off what I personally think is a major fund raising feat collecting well into 5 figures without corporate sponsorship or even a Mother Ship like some of the other well-oiled charitable organizations have behind them. This is not to disparage any of those magnanimous entities but in this economy without advertising dollars and media driven awareness this fundraiser might not have gotten airborne except for the enthusiasm and energy from our beloved redheaded mop top.  

And whatever small form of exhortation I can provide for you from my desk I implore you to bring anyone and everyone for an afternoon that I   guarantee you will not forget. There’s nothing like the satisfaction of a great cause which makes us realize  how blessed we truly are.  

Spin Notes:

Sorry to my friend in #25 as it appeared my shouting in the 9:45 was splitting her eardrums.  Although it’s Sammy Davis for me, “I gotta be me” I have to respect that I will not impose my exuberance on anyone. Although I think that I will bring a pair of earplugs in case we should be juxtaposed at sometime in the future.  And as I caught the end of the 8:30 and took the next class, I just have to issue a challenge to the 9:45 that the 8:30 is kicking our butt. 

P.S.
Congratulations to Stacie Ries on her NYC Marathon 2011.

1 comment:

Marjorie Ruth said...

Tripp has red hair?! I'm so proud of his fundraiser :D Can't wait!