Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

We Are Family


Fellow Trippers let’s all meet at the Metropolitan Bistro on 39 Roslyn Avenue in Sea Cliff this Thursday @ 6 PM.  Let’s exchange stories of inspiration and triumph and just share a good time with all of us in street clothes. 

 Here is the link if you need to know more. http://www.restaurant.com/rdc/metropolitan-bistro-sea-cliff-american-restaurant-rid=396903

One of my wheels came off in the 8:30, as I had to pull off the tarmac due to this gripping asthma that has virtually crippled me and some of you as well I imagine.  And bad timing for me too because the music was so eclectic and so damn good this morning. I watched several of you mouthing the words to Boogie Oogie Oogie by A Taste of Honey. Can you believe that was a top tune in 1978? I won’t give you away don’t worry but I loved hearing this song again. 

The energy just runs high here and where can you go where members want to embrace each other just to show their camaraderie and how we have grown to feel this close. Remember that song by Sister Sledge; We are family? Are they really that close? I think so! The bonds we have formed are hardly imaginable anywhere else.  I know I have said this many times before and as time goes by the intimacy grows.   

1 comment:

Constance Korol said...

We had such a great time last night! Big turnout, great conversation, lots of fun.