Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Funhouse


Just before spin class today I was in a jocular mood (something that has escaped my demeanor of late) and I told Nancy Kaplan (God she is so damn nice) that I had amoebic dysentery. Instinctively because Nancy’s husband is a genius doctor I knew she would know what that term was. In fact she related that her hubby had treated one of his patients who had come back from Africa with a severe case of it.  Well I have to admit that I have not visited any developing or 3rd World Countries in the last fortnight and that my current gastro affliction did not occur anywhere else except in my own environs. I do know that it was the fastest way I lost 10 pounds except for running a marathon.  And this “dose” of whatever the hell I have has knocked my stamina for a loop. 

The iconic 8:30 is always a fun house atmosphere and this edition was nothing less.  I wish that I could bottle the energy that’s generated in the Lavender Palace and sell it in the Black Market I bet it would fetch a hefty premium.  Of course I am kidding but the intensity of emotion always lifts my spirits.  In the last week I have spent so much time at home in just one room that I started to think I should redecorate my bathroom. 

The Bonfire Ride on Thursday is sold out and John at Image Cycling wants to thank you for your support.  

P.S.
On Thursday night starting at 7 until 9 we say "goodbye" to our beloved GM Peter Rothermel. The proceedings take place at "516".

P.P.S.
Optical Image in Plainview run by our friends Heather Featherr and Cheryl Israeloff are my new Opticians. Cheryl is a Dr. of Optometry don't you know. So when you see her in the hall a little deference please.  And what else can be said about Heather one fine Optician.  





No comments: