Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Command Decision


Someone has to take a stand and it might as well be me because writing a blog is hardly considered to be a democracy and here is my decision. I have decided to go back to my original title for his blog and that is: Mr. Mayhem. Okay, okay a collective set of groans can be heard as I type this but let’s consider something. As many of you that endorsed the new “spinspiration” I had twice as many say they didn’t like it as it felt like CBN or worse yet a Coke commercial from the 80’s. You know “I’d like to give the world a coke”.  When I changed the logo to Svengali (and I had votes to go back to that as well) I thought that coming to Tripp’s class likened itself to being put in a trance. However, some didn’t like that because Svengali in the historical sense of the book by Dilber in 1894 had the principal character as an evil hypnotist. Now of course it would never be insinuated that anything but fun and joy were going on in the Lavender Palace but I admit that Svengali might not be politically correct.  But like other fictitious icons even Mr. Clean got a makeover. 

Mr. Mayhem is truer to what I experience in Mr. Doherty’s class because it is not scripted and he is so extemporaneous that we never know what will transpire. Take for instance how he does a pull up on the metal frames on the glass panes. Who would think to do such a thing? If any of the other instructors did that they would be looked at with incredulity. However just like Cary Grant who got to shove Katherine Hepburn to the ground in The Philadelphia Story it seems perfectly natural when Tripp does it.  
 Or consider when tambourines were played on that Tuesday morning earlier in the year or just what went on most recently when the lights went out.  

So go on and grumble and unless there’s a huge outcry it’s Mr. Mayhem. I bounced this off someone I truly trust in the class and he/she agreed with me. Tripp you don’t get a vote as much as I love you man. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love the mr mayhem tag...it was always my fav!!!!
D