Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wake Up Jack


I was slated for the iconic 8:30 but as I left the somnolent state this morning,  the digital clock read 4:47 and since I didn’t feel tired the 6:00 am whispered: “Get up Jack”. And out of the night chariot I arose. 

Although I have fallen head over heels for the 8:30 where the energy is always jumping I don’t get to see some of my favorites like Young Dana or PC and it’s a sure fire bet that they would be there in the 6:00 and I was not disappointed. By the way Dana is looking super svelte and you can tell her training with Tripper is paying dividends. My friend Woodside, Maureen has also stepped up her training and she is slated for an 11 miler in the hills before long. She is progressing in leaps and bounds via her running regimen and her coach has her reaching milestones weekly.  I am so tempted to do a mile or two but something is holding me back. Maybe it’s my knees.  

Tripper had us riding for longer intervals in the saddle today versus in position 3 and I for one think that although it feels easier to achieve higher RPM’s seated over standing, I also think that we can direct more power and achieve better results while seated. I will ask Tripp maybe tomorrow in his noon spin.  

Anyone have a comment about the 8:30. I need to clone myself or get a press pass. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please don't hurt your knees JB!

WE need your energy!!!