Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Far From the Madding Crowd


Unfortunately I won’t be able to record for you the Sunday trip to Minnewaska with Tripper. I instead will scribe about our trance inducers Friday in the CS.  Fridays for me are the redux of the Tuesday mayhem and it’s a great way to start the weekend.  On Fridays I have the added convenience of coming late to the 6 AM class and find a bike because some have left for their vocations.  I still get about 25 minutes of effort and since the 715 is only  45 minutes I still get the full hour in.
And at 8 o’clock I still can start my day far ahead of the madding crowd* that starts everywhere at 9.  The 715 was full as only he can do in that odd hour and the fun never ceases to amaze me because his excitement never wanes. He is incandescent every day and his infectious fandango is airborne and we don’t need the CDC for antibiotics.  He loves what he does and what else can we ask for except to get a shot of B-12 whenever he gets to call the pedal stroke.  Be warned 45 minutes is over seemingly before it begins. 

*Far from the madding crowd:  Thomas Hardy’s Fourth Novel from 1874. Madding means frenzied. 




No comments: