Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Doldrums


Once in awhile my inspiration takes a holiday and leaves me flat lined and today is one of those days. Tripper Tuesday has become my respite from my current chaos and like a sailing ship that has hit the doldrums on the windless sea; Svengali sends his gale force winds and lifts all boats including mine, which of late has been taking on water faster than I can pump it overboard.  

The Twins are back and just like the radio waves we cannot see, their energy preceded their homecoming. I was just thinking about them this week and as I turned from my #21 there they both were smiling in unison at me as if they heard my call from the great beyond. One of my guardian angels was to my right and she looked over just to make sure I was properly equipped with the liquids that would keep me from the travails that have plagued me of late. How does it get better? Tripp says: We Carry Each Other. No truer words could be spoken as my friends in the CS have an authenticity that is unparalleled. I feel like we have connected on some deep visceral level that casual acquaintances and some relationships we call friendships could ever lay claim to.  

Okay so I am being melodramatic. The problem is that this writer is way too  in touch with his anima and whenever the Mr. Softee* truck plays its tune I think its my theme song. 

1 comment:

Petals said...

lol at the ice cream truck song reference! great to see you this morning Jack. I'm going to hop on CS bikes next week no matter how my pace differs from the class. :D