Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It Ain't Jack

't j

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush as the ancient idiom goes.  It dates back to medieval falconry according to the phrase finder just in case you are interested in useless facts.

My day included a sojourn   to Queens and as I lay in my comfortable bed this morning I mused that I could probably make the 12:15 Tripp class in Woodbury if all things went according to plan. But wait Jack things rarely go according to plan so why not seize the opportunity and go to Tripp’s 7:30 and in this way I have that in the bank. And so that is what I did as I write this tome about the 45 minute express version of Svengali.  

Seeing Janene was a pleasant surprise and in the front row no less had me taken aback as well. That studio in Roslyn with no windows can be tomb like but with the likes of Tripper it matters little because he brings his own environs with him. I have gotten so accustomed to the 60-minute versions of spin class that on the rare occasion that I take a 45-minute one the clock time rockets by and today was no exception. It seems that by the time I have worked up a real sweat, the cool down is upon me and it always leaves me with wanting more.  

And as the noon hour is approaching here in Queens there is little likelihood I make it in time even for half of Svengali back in Woodbury so the decision this morning was indeed a good one.  

Tomorrow night you will find some of us including yours truly and Tripper at the Vanderbilt Planetarium for the charity ride starting at 7 PM. I think as of this writing there are two bikes left according to our friend Rose. If you are interested e-mail me at JackBriant@mac.com.  


1 comment:

Marjorie Ruth said...

Feeling good!! Feeling strong!! Planetarium ride was a blast-
Anyone else who wants to donate to Marj & Rose for HIV/AIDS services please do :D

http://www.tofighthiv.org/site/TR/AIDSLIFECYCLE10/AIDSLifeCycleCenter?team_id=5481&pg=team&fr_id=1320