Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Enthusiasm


I took this day to reflect on the phenomena of Tripp’s revolutionary brand of spin.  I didn’t feel the way I do now when I took his class for the first time however.  I knew that it was completely different than what I had experienced with some of our other outstanding talent, but I never had inkling that class with Svengali would take on the dimension it has. Someone might say I am taking this spin thing way too seriously.  But I would tell them I am sorry you feel that way because for this writer it has been a crystal clear metaphor for how I can begin my next chapter in life. 

 Enthusiasm is not something that is easy to pull off. You need to be fully associated with it to actually experience it. People can tell when you are being genuine, whether it be anger, joy or even when you are truly happy. Enthusiasm is the gateway I think to every human emotion and when we do have feelings I think enthusiasm allows us to feel everything on a deeper visceral and emotional level.  Too heavy? Not for me but take what you can use and leave the rest, because this is just my experience. 

 The exhilaration is not just a Dionysian form of art it is something that I can use for myself as well as my interpersonal relationships whether they be with family, friends and even more important strangers. If I can take pride in how I relate to people I have no emotional investment in, the other relationships in my life will be enhanced as well.  



No comments: