Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Chain Reaction



The rippling affects could be felt today in Svengali’s inaugural venture into the Lavender Palace. I suspect that we will have a different marquee for the trance inducer, let’s see how about Hypnotic House. I would be eager to get your suggestions. I felt compelled to make the 6 AM blast off simply because…. Well just because.  The novelty won’t wear off for quite sometime I suspect and it makes a huge difference to me to get an energy read on the new studio as it unfolds and starts to take on it’s own identity based on the residue of emotion we all leave here.  

The back of the studio seems to be the near distant past in terms of how one can see what’s transpiring on stage. We might need a higher one just to elevate the visibility of Tripp because it is not necessarily what we hear from him but what we see in his countenance and those trademark gesticulations. Like that inkless finger script in mid-air that ends a sentence as if to say “That’s the name of that tune”.  

There are some kinks and glitches that have to sort themselves out beside the size of the room, how the bikes are laid out and a early complaint that was quite vociferous being the temperature of the studio. Sven has some ideas there and I think he wants to call a town meeting as to what needs to be addressed. There are certain limitations that physics cannot accommodate but what can be done will be done or at least given consideration. 

Today more than ever before I could sense that Tripp’s class is way beyond the scope of even the best spin classes purport to be. I see this as a life altering culture that brings camaraderie to a level of intimacy  that even 12 step programs can’t lay claim to. Look at young Dana for example, she told me she was so excited to get to the class today as if she was a kid again running downstairs to see what Santa left under the tree. Her determination is fierce and the look on her face told me that this is not your mother’s spin class   You don’t find this kind of devotion in group exercise. Others may approach the cerebral but none take it to heart as Tripp Doherty does.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was amazing in there this am! Santa came early for sure :) once again I left the room with the mental state to conquer anything thrown at me today...he is spectacular without a doubt!! And for complaining about the temp...I say...get a sweatshirt...get a tank top...whichever you need but get a heart rate monitor and focus on working harder instead. Empathy was never my strong suit.
D

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

D
I hear you about the temp. It's something you can prepare for and you're right bring an extra shirt. It's good advice for me because when I leave the CS I am usually freezing because of the drop in the temperature outside. Empathy is my strong suit but I can take a page from you D and just say build a bridge and get over it.