Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Unadvertised Special



The 730 Roslyn 45 minute edition of Svengali, Tripp Doherty was over before it started and as I made that thought audible to the hypnotic one, he turned to me and said: Jack stay for the next class.  And I did, even though it was booked solid including the last ten bikes. As the class approached someone didn’t show just as Sven assured me from his third eye. I found an empty bike in front and was saddled right next to young Dana, now on her 3rd class going for 5 for the day. It was her day off, and remarkably she decided she was going spend half of it on a spin bike, all with the son of Svengali.  

There is something so unusual that happens when you exercise before you take your life outside.  I guess it’s the adrenaline or the endorphins that get pushed along in a headlong ride in the bloodstream. It awakens not only the physiology, but the brain as well. Negative thoughts cannot coexist during a strenuous spin. It’s as if they have been deprived of oxygen. They simply cannot breathe. We feed the shadow in our lives with too much sustenance and it gets fat on food for thought at the expense of what we can really be doing with our time and our lives.

In the darkened no windows Roslyn studio, the sensory deprivation of sight leaves me with barely much more than a silhouette of the trance inducer, which limits the true power of his God given gift of being able to transfer his energy with the power of WiFi. You can’t see his face and in that countenance lays the hypnotic power of Tripp Doherty. It is his unspoken word that feeds my atomic power of a neutron bomb. There is no drug that can match this altered state, and the residue stays with me for the entire day.

The unadvertised special was a bargain at any price.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

JB- it was fun, right?! good to have a partner in crime for the 945!!

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

What was amazing to me was just how fast the second hour went. It seemed to rocket by. I always have fun in Sven's class because I love to watch all the smiles crease even the most serious riders.

Anonymous said...

Did you wipe the residue off your chin?

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

This has to have come from The Blue Sapphire. Yes I try to keep that residue wiped as often as I can. The price of having a goatee.