Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Living The Unlived Life


In my first attempt to bring individual stories to this blog, I found the opportunity to talk and be with a one Robin Arnold, from Scarsdale.  Tripp had been showcasing to me how so many people had touched his life in a way that was profound, provocative or everlasting. My first subject might have been all three.  

A strikingly handsome woman at first blush, her physiology fit and trim, her countenance lit by the broadest of smiles as she introduced herself.  My sense of her was she was comfortable in her own skin.  Never have I interviewed someone about life experiences except when it came to financial ones, this time I could explore both triumph and defeat garnished with distinctive personalities that brought them to where they are now. 

Robin is, and let me coin a phrase to say she is a philanthropic humanist.  She has seen death in her arms and taken that vision of life slipping away to give her the impetus to do all of the things she’s longed for. Like running the New York Marathon or standing atop Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania or spinning in the highly motivational setting of Equinox Scarsdale in the presence of her friend Tripp Doherty our own Svengali.  

She is my friends, living the unlived life. The one we wished we could have done had we not chosen the one we inhabit right now.  We could have been musicians, dancers or doctors but we chose family or other obligations that seemed at the time, well either more pressing or in life’s best case scenario being in love.

Robin is rich in love, because she shares her compassion openly and authentically with others that have incurable diseases or congenital challenges that enrich their lives, but I suspect and this is only a suspicion because I don’t know her well enough, allows her to live the unlived life.  






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow-2 things on this one...first..she sounds like an amazingly stunning woman with quite the story to tell..what perspective. Wish we could all take the blinders off sometimes, right? And second ...jealous you got to go on a "Tripp" during the weekend-bet that livened up the Saturday :) don't worry...I am not too bitter! Ha!

Db

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

Young Dana
I think your own story bringing up two babies is a story in itself and working a full time job. You are living your unlived life as well. It was a field trip I will remember and probably take again real soon.