Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Monday, November 22, 2010

Cycle Beats


Forgive me but it was another road trip with Tripp.  This one, a short trip via the time warp and we found ourselves in the Westchester edition of Equinox spin class.  An unusual set up, 3 rows of 6 bikes on each side facing other with a small aisle for Tripp to do his fandango. It looked like the March of the Wooden Soldiers facing off against each other.

At first I had to contain myself energetically and I couldn’t explain why.  I was for all intents, riding with strangers and they probably would not be accustomed to a boisterous Long Islander like yours truly.  I gathered my emotions and pushed the effort, as is my wont when the trance inducer, Svengali rolls in his inimitable style. What I have been noticing of late is that the hour is just not long enough, because I am enjoying this addiction way too much. I ride to write and I write to ride.   

What is nascent to me at this moment is that Frank Doherty, yes that’s his Christian name is starting to become like Almond Joy, indescribably delicious without the calories and sugar spike.  The word master in me is starting to realize that describing Tripp is getting more difficult because it is what he doesn’t say that carries the most meaning for me. Today I noticed that little trademark he does with his right index finger, as if he is writing his signature in air, putting an exclamation point on the end of a sentence. A truly eccentric and charismatic man this Tripp Doherty our Svengali. Or the artist formerly known as Mr. Mayhem.    

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tripp is truly a spin master with his own unique style. The chatty cathys in the locker room were abuzz about him. Problem is, the girls won't speak up!!! Apparently they do not appreciate his variety of music. What to do???

SPEAK UP GIRLS!! Tell Tripp what YOU want to hear! JB will post your comments. If you don't speak up, DON'T COMPLAIN EITHER!

AYW

Anonymous said...

I for one love the mr mayhem tag...we should bring that one back! and good grief...there is no complaining..thats an energy sucker
d

Anonymous said...

This time "AYW", I am in total agreement with your comment...funny how "chatty cathys" always find it so easy to talk behind someone's back and when push comes to shove, cats got their tongue...a little word of advice ladies: talk to Tripp face-to-face...he is very open-minded and will listen to your suggestions...it will make your experiences, as well as his, all the more fulfilling...JC

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

My experience is that if you want Tripper to play a song, he will. However, you have to make the suggestion.

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

d
You really think we should go back to Mr. Mayhem? I would love to hear from more of you. I loved it to. I just liked the sound of Svengali.

Anonymous said...

I personally think we should stick with Svengali...while I did love Mr. Mayhem, his time has passed...Svengali really taps into the "inner Tripp" -- mysterious, captivating, entrancing -- one who will simply fascinate you …I LIKE IT!!!!...jc

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

JC
I think that Svengali conjures many more mental images than Mr. Mayhem. So I think we stay with the moniker of Svengali. One of the best things about people of influence is their refusal to abuse such power.

Anonymous said...

So are the two of you in love?

Anonymous said...

You know if you Google "Tripping the Light Fantastic", you will get a same-sex dance school in California...

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

However, if you google Tripp Doherty, Svengali is on top.