Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Do Something You're Afraid Of


That phrase struck a symphonic chord and wound it’s way around my heartstrings.  There are moments in each day when our inner voice hops up on the podium and speaks to us and invites us to take action.  The built in excuse maker takes his stage hook and pulls the legs right out from under our feet of clay.  Mr. Didactic had me motivated from that moment on in this an 8:30 AM version of the Svengali Woodbury Monday. I was determined to make a fearless and moral inventory and do just that.  

Zen in a bottle is delivered right to my magnetic flywheel each time I clip in. We pay  a significant premium for the price of an Equinox membership, but for me it’s chump change for the diamonds and pearls in this jewelry box house of fitness.  I make this my third space. There’s home and work to occupy the first and second space of my life but the experiential part of my life lies right here in my third space, Equinox Woodbury.  Do I sound like I work here? No it’s much better than that I get to come here and not only workout but write and talk to some of my friends that I have grown to love and respect. I have been working out in gyms for half a lifetime but none compares to this place. Virtually everyone knows my name and if I just want to come in for a protein drink or take a look at the new spin room I always find a waiting ear or someone that needs mine.  

A few days away from the Master Motivator and his face was a welcome sight even though most of the weekend was filled spinning with the other two stars I love Kristen, The Evil Woman and Carolyn Mellace, The Blue Sapphire.  But I luxuriate getting amped up with the trance inducer and his brand of keeping us spellbound.  And just take a look that Samson like hairdo is returning little by slowly.   He talked about unconditional love today and that’s what I want in my life, from my friends here in the CS no explanations just unconditional love. (ULO)


No comments: