Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Friday, June 11, 2010

The Chrysalis


There’s school and then there’s recess.  After 5 days of school I was ready for recess. And Mr. Mayhem invited us in to his playground today and a good time was had by all. 

It’s not often that I can say after an hour of hard play that I wanted more but today was the day.  First off Tripp’s music selection was plucked right out of my memory banks and several songs struck my visceral chords like a violin bow.  I was nearly beside myself as the journey took me around the bases like an inside the park homerun.

I don’t always know the route he is going to take us on but I instinctually know what to do whether it’s cranking up the resistance or running wild on a flat road.  Back in the corner of the CS yours truly could be heard heralding the next song as it reached into my heart and tore out my enthusiasm for public display. 

The man is a phenomenon and I always walk out of the CS and ask myself what happened?  I truthfully can’t describe what he does but when he waves his magic wand I am always transformed out of my chrysalis. 

Writing is my passion and Mr. Mayhem brings inspiration and I like it like that.


No comments: