Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Monday, July 25, 2011

Iron Man Stories


Here is a great story from Stacy Ries a humble super athlete in her own right tells of her exploits with Tripp up in Lake Placid. 

Hey Jack,
The day after??? Sorry, if I send another text I might have a muscle spasm in my thumbs...so...

I will summarize:

You know this one...

2- the time I had to get up Sunday to make it to Lake Placid before the roads closed.
10 - the cumulative number of hours I have slept in the last 3 nights.
15- the number of miles of the marathon course I ran chasing Our Athlete. (Can’t even guess the miles I also jogged and walked elsewhere on the course).
23- the number of times I teared up spectating.
56- the number of text messages I sent Sunday
65- the SPF of my sunscreen, which proved useless even with repeat applications.
610- the number of miles driven getting to and from the event.

Watching Svengali giving it "all he got"...PRICELESS.

So, while I do not know how Tripp faired post race, my thumbs hurt, my feet are sore, I'm sunburned, tired and marginally crippled...but still smiling. Yes, I did "survive" an Ironman!

Now I just have to power through a 6 day, 70-hour workweek. I am considering it endurance training for next year.... SPECTATING, that is.

Jack, I gotta say I had a total blast feeling like a member of Team Tripp out there Sunday. I'm a newbie to the group so it is great to be welcomed with open arms. Hanging w/ Jeanine and Maureen ...the exchange of data by text...the running around. Getting the updates to and from you.... I had so much damn fun...being a part of something like that can keep you on a high for weeks. Thanks. Stacey

No comments: