Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mary McCann


In a playful mood yesterday as I crept into the 8:30 about 15 minutes late, and spied an open bike I thought that a double dose of Tripp might just be the tonic to get my long day into night started. Since I had booked for the 9:45 I was determined to stay within myself to make it through the second class. I am not like some youths like Maureen Russo and Mary McCann who can virtually go on forever. I need to conserve lest I run out of the energy kinetic. Well as you might probably guess that plan ran afoul as I was induced into his trance once again and got caught up in the choreography and fandango. Seems like this is a repetitive storyline here that happily I cannot escape.  

At the start of the second class, I thought I could instigate a little rivalry between the 8:30 and the 9:45 but that thought was changed when a rider arrived late for the bike next to mine and according to the 5 minute rule she lost her bike to a waiting line member. Tripp and his soft heart was visibly disappointed but rules are rules. As our chagrined rider headed for the exit, Mary McCann on bike #16 for her second class offered her bike up to the late comer. This seemingly simple act of kindness had me thunderstruck. I applauded her as she exited because who does that? Mary McCann that’s who. In the year and a half that she has been my acquaintance and spin mate Mary has shown me that actions speak louder than words ever could. A cliché to be sure but Mary says nothing and does everything. I cannot begin to imagine how blessed her nuclear family feels about her, far be it for me to know but here as a member at Equinox Mary McCann has continued to show over and over that she is someone you can count on to do things with integrity. Kristen say integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking this is Mary. I will never forget how she took the bull by the horns getting that Island Harvest food drive started last year. I am sure those that share a closer tie with Mary have your own story about this amazing woman that anyone would love to have in a foxhole with them.  

2 comments:

Marjorie Ruth said...

Great line by Kristen about integrity. love!

Marjorie Ruth said...

I love Mary too !!