Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Friday, December 24, 2010

We Don't Pretend


What shall I pen today since it has been what seems like a fortnight since I made an entry into my long list of blogs. I have what every writer fears, that he will lose the readers he holds so precious. I suppose I was on a collision course of over extending myself with the lack of sleep and deciding that if one class was enough why not two. I think it’s possible but I need to make a schedule and just not awake at dawn to spin and then deem another is necessary without a plan in place. Just before this ‘bug’ hit me three days ago I had taken a day off from class and did a circuit workout a la Jack LaLanne. You know the ones where you hit 8-10 machines and do 3 reps on each. Now that the new studio is complete, Equinox has also added a section for stretching where there was only a blank space before. A truly marvelous engineering job performed by Jack Smith and company. It makes the club seem so much more spacious.  

But it’s hard to break the routine I have carved out for myself. I just can’t seem to get enough of kicking my ass whether it’s with Kristen or Tripp.  I keep telling people the difference between the two is of course night and day.  Class vs. Recess. I gotta have ‘em both.  

I will avoid the politically correct Happy Holidays and instead extend my best wishes to all my friends that I have been blessed with this past year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. My friend Debbie Jensen (the PQ) informed me that the New Year numbers are four 1’s.  1/1/11. I call that picket fence time when it shows on the digital clock.  I am just so happy it brings me to tears. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

had it too...feel better...hopefully santa brought you some relief..
enjoy the rest! hopefully the snow wont keep us in this week!! agh!!

d

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

db

The tiny humans. You must trademark that phrase. I am going tomorrow to Carolyn's class because Monday looks like we might be snowed in.