Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tripp's Birthday Spin


Never been to Great Neck before and except for the Master of Incantation I probably won’t go there again.  The room had the worst acoustics I have ever heard because I couldn’t hear Sven and so I had to settle for his patented dance steps and spirited exhortations that we all have come to love.  

He was booked and I took #1 and it was in the oddest position because I was right alongside Tripp but facing in the opposite direction and I found myself  staring at my image in the mirror. I don’t think I’m a narcissistic man but it was hard not coming face to face with myself pedaling madly to the trance inducers rhythmic choreography. I had done Kristen in the morning but had to be here for Svengali on his birthday.

The top of the sound system tower was adorned with pastries, as we all seemed to have the same idea in satisfying someone’s sweet tooth. He also loves caramel apples just in case you didn’t know.  There really wasn’t time for celebration as Tripp had three morning shows in Woodbury starting at the pre-dawn hour of 6.  All had a great time and I was glad I made the trip.  

Locker room scuttlebutt had a rather rotund, baldpated middle-aged man complaining about Tripp’s life story as being too personal. That’s why we come because it is personal.   Yours truly slammed him appropriately but elegantly. It was clear to this reader loving this guy was only for the brave of heart and very little of that

No comments: