Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The First Footsteps In The Snow


There has to be one that makes the status quo just seem too ordinary to stay with. This person looks at the world through the lens of having been here before. That person has seen interpersonal relationships go through traumatic times and lived through the ruin of those lives through no fault of their own. He, as I put the gender on it, is our own Svengali, Tripp Doherty.  I see it in his eyes every time he leads our class. His pupils look to the ceiling, and you can feel the psychic shift that has taken place in this man’s life. You don’t always know what he is saying but you can sidle up close and personal to the emotion in this man that is genuine, truly warm and unmistakably charming. He is treading in virgin snow and making a path for us to follow or to make our own footsteps, in our own chosen path. The impetus he provides us with, gives us the permission slip to take down our Walls of Jericho, that is our own self limiting mirage.

One thing that I see on the faces of the riders is their smiles. Svenagali has that affect on you. You cannot help being touched with his gesticulations, his wide eyed enthusiasm and his gift for  taking us on a ride of our lives every time he bolts in and out of the saddle. Have you noticed that his classes are booked solid? Today I got there 50 minutes before class and was 5th on the TMW. (Ten most wanted) His legend is fast becoming lore at Equinox, and those of us wanting a place in his class are finding it’s not an easy ticket to secure,  because a lot of newcomers are  just catching wind of this man’s magic. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I left tripps class with my dose of happiness to carry me through the day Thanks tripp

Anonymous said...

jack. said perfectly.....his ride is always amazing...its my favorite part of tuesdays and fridays..and if i am really lucky on wednesdays too... i feel like i can do absolutely anything when i leave his place! -db

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

I am never sure where I went but I had a helluva lot of fun when I am there.

Anonymous said...

Tripp's class is filled with energy and passion. I just love it.I walk out of there so happy.Thank u for the the experience.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE TRIPPS CLASS !!!!
HIS MUSIC, PASSION , STORIES, ENERGY,AND DANCING PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE.

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

I have said many times it is not in what he says as what you see in his eyes and feel in his presence.