Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

In the Near Distant Past



In the near distant past I started writing about Tripp Doherty. His popularity has risen meteorically and I am happy to be part of this sensational ground swell surrounding this most curious personality. He often carries on conversations in position #41 that I have come to understand now as if we were having a conversation sitting across a table at lunch. It wasn’t always that way from the start, but with familiarity there comes an understanding. And with this understanding I have come to know that Svengali is not only a trip but a unique experience as well. Not often do people come around in your life that not only inspire you but leave you with a residue of energy and unmistakable charm. Tripp does all of these things. Don’t take my word for it just ask any of the riders in the CS they’ll tell you.  
Today in the 945 segment I was determined to take it a little easier having had a dose of The Corso Zone on Monday, but as is his wont Sven had me gasping for air and drenched head to foot. One segment had us at level 8 for 90 seconds and I had to count pedal strokes just to keep my focus. Not often does my desire wane for this sport but there are times quite frankly where I have to bring the body, hoping to mind will follow. When I go to Doherty’s class my spirit comes along for the ride too.  

No comments: