Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bullet Holes



Two days in a row, and I feel like bullet holes have pierced my body. Right now I am feeling pain in my left foot and it of course has to be my spin shoes, but after what I went through these past two sessions in the CS it is no wonder that I don’t have any other flesh wounds. I took my effort beyond the stars Monday and Tuesday. I loved it knowing that there was not much more to give and I left it all on the dance floor.  My gym attire was drenched as if I had jumped in the pool we don’t have. Now on to our story.

Too often, I write about something experiential or something I have observed, but today it felt different. It was that mountain ride that was holding my attention and the energy that I felt back and forth from Svengali had me thinking that others in the studio were tapping in as well. Maybe it was just my imagination or what I had hoped might be happening I can never be sure, but I think the more we talk about our trip to Minnewaska the closer the bond between us all will become. We can share experiences even when we are not there and when we exercise the way we do it’s not hard to imagine what it might have been like for those of you that haven’t been there yet.  Please give a read to my mini-epic that is posted just below this one, and I would love to hear your comments.

 I think that there are separate schools of members who frequent Tripp’s class than those that attend say Kristen’s class or even Michelle Corso’s class. There might be some that attend all the classes like Debbie H or myself but I think for the most part it is and pardon the pun separate schools of thought.  We all have our reasons for one instructor over another, like convenience or time of day but there are those that simply subscribe to law and order and those that love to be put in a trance and know that when it’s time to come off cloud 9 with Svengali, our lives have changed albeit only for an hour.

Have you read my other spin blog?   http://kristensspinclass.blogspot.com/

No comments: