Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Friday, June 4, 2010

Astral Projection


Today was Mayhem Friday in the CS. We had the magician playing his flute with the chemistry of real fire that was burning the house down.  Tripp had us transfixed with his private fandango on and off his bike.  It was his third class today; nevertheless his    energy reservoir would make the Marianna trench seem like a wading pool.

The music mix Mr. Mayhem arranged from his i pod had such a visceral affect on me again because when he plays songs like “Stomp” and “Disco Inferno” I get such a rush of adrenaline that my heart wants to jump right out of my chest. It makes me accelerate my pedal stroke like I am running on jet fuel.

 Again today the electricity was palpable and would awaken Frankenstein right out of his repose.  And as I looked around you could see the reactions from all corners and we the riders were treated to Tripp’s usual big top performance.  I have to get him a ringleaders hat next time I am in his presence.

The end result is that we get a tremendous workout and there are times during the ride when my body took an astral projection journey into outer space.

Mr. Mayhem, Tripp Doherty might be a swami disguised as a spin instructor.



No comments: