Tripp Doherty

Tripp Doherty

Friday, May 28, 2010

Inside the Mind of Mr. Mayhem


I have not been able of late to attend Mr. Mayhem’s class but I have been talking him up a storm to anyone and everyone with ears.  They all seem to echo the same sentiment that he is distinctly different and almost to an individual they cannot really describe what it is that Tripp does for them in his classes.  I would hesitate to pigeon hole it into any one category as well.  He for me is more than anyone a psychic journey into my past and into an outer world where there is no gravity but the air is thick with visceral etchings that change throughout his hour.  What I mean to say is that like a dream I cannot hold onto the image as pleasant as it is I must leg go of because the next feeling is filled to the brim with another of his unmistakable incantations. Almost as if he is a magician without props. 

He has a mythical boyish aura about him and he is filled with silent agreement when your eyes meet his.  There is a knowing is the only way I can describe it that fetches your attention and then rivets you to the effort you have always been seeking. Even this post is writing itself because Mr. Fantastic is ethereal but as real as you or I. And yet there is also something else, he possesses elements I can’t yet describe, but like creativity it arrives on it’s own time schedule.  

No comments: